Google

Monday, July 30, 2007

Vada Pav

VADA PAV …..listening to the name my mouth starts watering…....Vada Pav is life for any mumbaikar….an all time favorite snack which u can grab anytime and munch it…even if you are in the local train or walking down the street. Vada pav is not the seasonal thing…one can have vada pav irrespective of season or timing ………In the college canteen while on a break, while roaming with friends, even when out of office or especially when Mumbai local trains are late and waiting for the train vada pav is the best option for all I have seen. Especially with hot and spicy garlic chutney and onions. It’s so tasty that one can’t resist eating.

Basically vada pav is a maharastrian dish. But it is found almost everywhere and people enjoy with leisure…Today I tried making vadapav at home as I am basically from Mumbai. so I MISS vada pav so much here that this time I thought let me use my hands on it as I have seen my mother making it so easily and use to be so delicious ....And as tried out the recipe my mother use to make it turned to be amazingly yummy…………so thought lets share with all who are true fans of vada pav…and those who are not “which I highly doubt” I bet they would love it once they eat VADA PAV.

Ingredients:
8 pavs
3 tbsp garlic chutney
3 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
2 tsp ginger and green chilly paste
1tbsp garlic minced
5-6 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp hing
2 tbsp oil

For covering
1 1/2 cup besan flour
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp oil
salt to taste
a pinch of soda
Oil for deep frying

Method:
  1. Take oil in apan and add mustard seeds, when they start dancing add hing and curry leaves
  2. Now add the gingerand green chilly paste along with minced garlic and saute for a while
  3. Add the mashed potatoes and salt and toss well
  4. Remove from heat and cool it at room temperature
  5. make 6 balls out of the mixture and keep aside

For the covering:

  1. Take all the ingredient ina large bowl and make a batter adding water as required
  2. Dip the vadas in this batter and coat it well
  3. Deep fry this vadas in the hot oil and till golden color

To make vada pav:

  1. Slice the pav from between and apply a bit of garlic chutney or as spicy you require, place one vada on it while covering it with the other slice

Note: You can also put 1tbsp of chopped onions in the vada pav as it will make it even more tastier.

No comments: